Anybody know the size of the new Weber Rib Rack?

Don't know the exact size, but here it is on the "22:
_DSC3342.JPG

The new Weber rib rack is 17 x 11.8 x 4.9 inches. I ordered one awhile back and it came on Wednesday. Unfortunately, one of the welds on one of the end pieces had broken off. Amazon is sending a new one to be delivered today. Like all of their stainless pieces, this one looks well designed and functional.

Earlier, I wrote:
The new Weber rib rack is 17 x 11.8 x 4.9 inches

This was incorrect. That is the size of the box, not the rack. The rack dimensions are 14.25 x 11.5 x 4.5. Sorry for the incorrect information. I got the replacement rack yesterday and can't wait to give it a try. If it works better than the Raichlen model and by that I mean cleans up better, I will invest in a second one for the big WSM.

Dan,

Let us know about clean up of the new rack. I have the Raichlen model and can echo your disgust with cleaning that beast. Every nook and cranny... it's nearly impossible and takes forever.

That guy almost looks like a Samurai!! If I was to get that outfit my wife might think I was going a bit overboard with the Weber stuff!

I am a new WSM owner -- the original model is half the cost of the new model. Is there any reason I shouldn't just buy the original model? Shortcomings?

It is hard to beat the (much cheaper--less than $10) Charbroil Potato-and-Rib Rack. One will hold seven half slabs on an 18.5" WSM enabling you to cook seven slabs at the time using both grates. I don't know for sure, but on a 22" WSM you could possibly cook 14 slabs at the time.

Furthermore, when not in use, you can turn one Charbroil rack over and "nest" it in another to save storage space.

They are readily available at Amazon, HD or Lowe's.

Gary, I second your lust for those pants. I've been searching with no luck. However, m Westh, given your outfit, fully stocked smoker, and the armada of Webers behind you, I'd say you must be St. Peter standing at the gates of my own personal heaven!

PS- No blasphemy intended.

Lag,
Your post made me chuckle. As you can tell from my arsenal of Webers, I'm fully ready for all grilling and smoking, but then again, the pants would be a good complement!

Gary

P. S. Have you seen the Weber Utility Shirt? I guess I'm getting off track!

Gary, I've seen it now...and I need it! I'm not sure about putting greasy tongs in the holder, but I would definitely wear that every time I grill. I'm sure my wife would disagree, but I believe I might be the envy of the neighborhood. Thanks for the tip!

[Rocky Balboa]Spirit.......getting....weak.....must have......Weber.....grilling pants.........ADRIAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!![/Rocky Balboa]

Back