Probe eyelets

M Smith

TVWBB Member
I was wondering why people dont use rubber groments for probe inlet. Instead of the ones from bbq guru or Rock. Are there draw backs? These are what I have on my drums and they work great.

I can speak on behalf of my decision to go with the guru eyelets. They're manufactured for the WSM. They super easy to install, No drilling, good quality and the price is right.

I agree, Frank.

I've got 4 Guru eyelets in mine and couldn't be happier. I figure, why mess with a good thing. No need to improvise when a great product already exists.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lee Morris:
I agree, Frank.

I've got 4 Guru eyelets in mine and couldn't be happier. I figure, why mess with a good thing. No need to improvise when a great product already exists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now lets all bow are heads and give and AMEN brother!!
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M Smith:
I was wondering why people dont use rubber groments for probe inlet. Instead of the ones from bbq guru or Rock. Are there draw backs? These are what I have on my drums and they work great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well because you need steel and a crimp, bolt, rivet to hold the grate tab onto the inside of the WSM. Not sure I'd put all that much faith in a rubber grommet holding one of my upper grate tabs in place on the inside of the WSM.
icon_wink.gif
Now if you were to just drill a hole in the side of the WSM for a probe to go through then yes that would work. I like the Guru eyelits, they work very well.

Back