Anyone tried Roadside Turkey Breast?

Dave L.

TVWBB Pro
I have a bone-in turkey breast ready to be cooked. I was thinking of using the Roadside chicken recipe on it and putting it on the rotisserie. Has anyone tried it or am I the first one to take the plunge? Also, should I brine the bird first the day before I marinate it? Will that work to get a more moist turkey?

Dave I would brine. Chris has a lot of info in the cooking section. I mod. his basic brine to make Orange-Honey Brine. If you like citrus see it in the poultry section. I posted a no salt-no sugar rub for brined birds in the rub section: Pete's Rub.

Steve, this is my thinking. Tell me if I'm nuts. It's a six lb. breast so I was going to brine it overnight with just salt and water with no sugar using only 4 tbls. salt per quart of water. Take it out the next day and rinse it then put it in the marinade overnight and grill the next day. I don't want to use a flavor brine because I'm going to marinate it anyway. Do you think I'm using enough salt in the brine? It's going to be sitting overnight in the brine and I am afraid of getting it too salty if I use more salt. Also, is putting it in the marinade overnight good or do you think that's too long?

Back