Friday Night at the Grill: Tallgrass RibEyes

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Today, I splurged on dinner for tonight. I did not NEED any more beef in the house, butt walking past the butcher case at my local Sendik's Market, I heard my name called out gently, ever soo gently...
icon_rolleyes.gif

I know, I get corny at times...
Then, I saw these two clowns smilin' at me and they said,
"Lampe, doc said EET RIGHT OR DIE!"
So I said, "I'll take these two TallGrass RibEyes!"
icon_biggrin.gif

photos of this evening's dinner, later...
Same Fat time, Same Fat channel!
icon_razz.gif

Nice lookin' beef there, Jim.

I'm not even off of work yet and you are prepping to cook...and you're a time zone behind me. Man, I'm jealous.

I'm not going to be doing much cooking this weekend...Taking the awnings off the screened in porch, taking out the old screens, painting porch, re-screening, power washing awnings and putting awnings back up. Man, I'm not even looking forward to the weekend
icon_mad.gif

Keep the grills going so I can live vicariously through you for the next few days!!

Looking forward to seeing how those ribeyes turn out.

JiminyCrickets Don, I'm exhausted just reading about what you're up against this weekend.
ya gotta take it easy son, the summertime ain't even started yet...
don't go over doin'it allin one day!
gotta sit back an' let it all soak in then plan the attack.
for 'zample, i got me a nice tall cold glass of tonic flavoured with my favourite juniper berry concoction
icon_biggrin.gif

Heck Jim - We didn't have to go to the explanation to see why we should all be eeting "Tall Grass Beef". Just had to look at what your cookin. Wow. Splurge? - Don't hurt yourself by putting those away in one sitting. lol. Those definitely grew up on tall grass. Right now I can only imagine what they are going to look like when you get through cookin em. Bob

...followed a little bit of today's "Weber Recipe of the Week: Bone-In Rib-Eye Steaks with Sweet, Pan-Roasted Garlic" 'cept I did not have bone-in rib-eyes...
I did about 12 cloves of garlic and the red pepper flakes in less than 1/2 cup of EVOO (hate saying that) and prepared the meat as directed. Also, got everything else ready (fingerlings, tomatoes, asparagus and a coupla jalapenos).
Tossed it all on the grill, 'cept for the 'sparagus, then went inside to fill'er up.
While Jim Reeves' tune "Bimbo" was playing on the radio, I took the meat and toms off the grill and tossed on the asparagus for a few seconds then they and the fingers came off as well.
My dinner plate looked very much like this. In fact, that was my plate
icon_biggrin.gif

The grass-feed beef was very good, butt if you ask, "Can you tell the difference?", I'd have to say "no, not today... maybe a side-by-side taste test...but really I could not tell I was eeting something I normally do not eet".
Don't get me wrong, it was a GREAT cut of beef, and tasty and wonderful and..well, i did eet it, didn't I?

Thank you for viewing
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks guys! The garlic-olive oil bath was good, very flavourful... I drizzled a little more after grillin', Liz did not care to.
I noticed less "juice" from the steak than 'normal-corn-fed' beef.

Yowza!! Great looking plate. Can't wait to do this "Weber Recipe of the Week"...

Been checking off the honey-do list all day. My "grilling space" looks like this right now,

IMG_2972.jpg

So, it doesn't look like I'll be in front of my grills today
icon_confused.gif

Got the inside painted and convinced my wife that it had to dry before power washing the outside in order to paint that tomorrow...Funny, how the Masters is coming on at the same time.

IMG_2971.jpg

OMG, do I hate painting!!!

As always, great looking meal, Jim!

Nice dinner. I love asparagus . . . the stuff at our market today looked like trees. I passed.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim, Nice,Nice,Nice. One quick Question,are they US Choice or Prime? I notice that there was'nt much marbling in them.(juice). I bet they still tasted good.THANKS, NOW I CAN'T GET THAT SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

geewhiz Chuck, I don't know what they were...
I do know they are now all gone
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey man, if you have no plans for tomorrow, swing over, we'll drink some beer or something
icon_wink.gif

Back