When grilling at home....

Rob,

My wife and kids really like beef and their new favorite from "Weber's Charcoal Grilling” is Yakiniku. This a really easy Japanese dish that calls for thinly slicing boneless rib roast and grilling the meat over a blazing hot fire. The keys are good lump charcoal (for flavor) and a sauce you make with miso, mirin, soy sauce and couple other ingredients. This is one of those times when finding a specialty food store or Asian market is well worth the effort.

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: Speciality Grocery Stores:

I know you've visited Seattle Pike Place Market. However, you missed out by not visiting another signature store, Uwajimaya. Excellent, exstensive and extraordinary Asian groceries. Main website is http://www.uwajimaya.com/.

Perhaps next time you visit?

Beautiful. I am hoping to add Seattle to my book tour summer, so thanks for the insider tip. I am also hoping to get to Osaka, Japan, this summer. Believe it or not, it's on the way to Guam, where I have some family I'll be visiting soon.

Did you know that in Japan there are stores devoted to nothing else but charcoal? That's how much of a specialty item it is there.

Back