North Carolina > Wilson: Parkers Barbecue

Richard Diaz

TVWBB Pro
I was on a road trip on my way back from NY to FL, stopped off in Wilson and had Parkers. I was not a big fan of eastern carolina bbq. I did not taste any smoke flavor. I know they do whole hog. It was cooked well. The vinegar sauce was good, I got it without the cole slaw. Its any acquired taste. I'll stick to kc & memphis style. The lady behind the counter was really nice and it was only 3.40 for the sandwich. I also had Bills in Wilson, it was edible but not as good as Parkers. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/parkers-barbecue-wilson

Well, we all have our preferences don't we? I'm from Western NC and Parkers is a LANDMARK for Eastern NC Q. And as a convert to Eastern NC Q, Parkers rocks: shoulda tried their Brunswick Stew along with that AMAZING EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA pulled pork and SAUCE! Eh, Law' . . . no accountin' for taste:) KC's too sweet for me and Memphis is really hit and miss, IN MY OPINION.

I used t live in Wilson and we mainly went to Bill's as my wife love that vinegar stuff. Me, not so much. I, however, love the corn sticks at Bill's. Once, after we have moved to Fl., I was taking the kids to Wiliamsburg and we left i95 and got cornsticks for car snacks. Now 15 years later, my son wants to go and get corn sticks.....only 600 miles away..........................d

Back