Pulled Pork Egg Rolls

KevinJ

TVWBB Pro
I got the concept from Guy Fietti but he called for crock pot pulled pork and why use that when you can make it better. Also I didn't really measure the sauce because I like a vinegary tangy type sauce that turned out perfectly for this. But here are approximations.

DSCN1996-1.jpg

For the pulled pork:
½ cup of your favorite store bought sauce
½ cup white vinegar
¼ apple juice
1 tsp granulated garlic
1tsp white pepper
Wisk it all together and heat on the stove to incorporate it well and also thin it some.
Chop the pulled pork pretty small. Large chunks do not work well.
Mix the sauce into the pork in increments so it all gets covered but not soaked.

Slaw mix: Right from Guy
1 bag store bought slaw mix
1/3 cup mayo
2 TBS vinegar
1 TBS sugar
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic salt
½ red onion diced small
Mix it all together and let it sit in the fridge for a while

Egg Rolls:
1 pack egg roll wrapper (about 20)
3 eggs
3 TBS milk
Mix the eggs and milk together and set aside and get ready to wrap.

Wrap the egg rolls with about 2 TBS both pork and slaw.
Brush with the egg mixture
Drop into 400 degree oil. I did this on the stove in a heavy bottomed pan. Flip over once or twice. Remove when the egg roll has a nice brown color. You will know. That’s how I figured it out.

The chipotle mayo found HERE by Bryan was a fantastic complement. I didn’t use all of the adobo as to not over spice it as a dip.

I hope you enjoy because they were fantastic.

how much pulled pork did you use for the quaantities in the recipe, and how many did the recipe make?

Dann,

I used about two big handfulls of PP and did not use all of the sauce. I actually had two chop more than I thought but since I had made it the day before i had plenty. For that night I made 12 rolls but the egg roll pack came with 20. The slaw would make that many so you just need to make sure you have enough pork.

Note: I have no idea why the recipe is shoved over to the side of the pic. Sorry about that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KevinJ:
Dann,

I used about two big handfulls of PP and did not use all of the sauce. I actually had to chop more than I thought I would need but since I had made it the day before i had plenty. For that night I made 12 rolls but the egg roll pack came with 20. The slaw would make that many so you just need to make sure you have enough pork.

Note: I have no idea why the recipe is shoved over to the side of the pic. Sorry about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back