weber warranty & parts

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
well, i finally got weber to send me a bowl to replace the rusted one on my sjp. also ordered some parts for an old sjg. for sure you need to make sure you know what you have and need. bowl is under warranty but not the legs
icon_frown.gif
. other parts ordered so that a sjg i have is whole again. they are doing inventory so nothing will be shipped for several weeks.

Glad to hear Weber was able to help you out George. To bad you've been having such a problem with them.

I agree though it definitely helps to know what you are looking for and to talk to the right person.

Good luck with your repairs!

George - did they ever do anything for your Q220 lid?

The bottom bowl of my Q220 recently had a paint chip flake off on the front of the bowl. I called Weber but it was out of warranty. I did buy a new lower bowl and the rep gave me a discount on it so that it cost about $30. I'll hit the flake spot with some high temp, semi-gloss black paint for the time being and hang onto the bowl for down the road.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
...bowl is under warranty but not the legs
icon_frown.gif
... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's a bummer. Guess what I need to replace? Do you happen to know how much the legs would be? Mine are starting to bend.

pat, yes, they did send me a new top. just showed up with nothing being said. since then a small chip appeared on the old top. nothing yet on the lower part that i can see.kinda odd that its not in warranty. just looked, 2 years on paint. that sure isn't comforting.

well, i just got the replacement bowl. for sure they use rejected bowls for warranty replacements. the inside of the bowl has a large section of porcelain that looks like a lava flow. it also has chipped porcelain and rust on the vent holes the same as the original. oh well, at least these will outlast me.

I would not settle for that, George.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
well, i just got the replacement bowl. for sure they use rejected bowls for warranty replacements. the inside of the bowl has a large section of porcelain that looks like a lava flow. it also has chipped porcelain and rust on the vent holes the same as the original. oh well, at least these will outlast me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i finally got my other stuff i ordered. what a mess. evidently if you order the side dampers you will get the whole kit which includes two dampers and the latch wire and hardware. but you can order the wire seperately. so i got two whole kits plus a wire.
gal did agree it was confusing. sending the extras back.

what a cluster !!!!!!!!!!!!
welllllll, i went out to install one of the kits on an old wood handled gold i got from my sister. what the heck ??? the wire lid lock was almost 2in higher than the handle. so some messing around and looking i reread the instructions. wait, whats this ? holy smokes, it is a kit for a premium, you know, european premium. so i called weber again and got a guy that was familiar with things and he admitted that something was bad wrong. sayed to keep everything and he credited me for both kits.
yea weber !

Back