will new 18" wsm parts work on old model?

reardon

TVWBB Fan
any information on when and whether weber will offer parts for the newer 18" wsm? will some of them work on the older body wsm?

thanks

I called Weber customer service about the same thing. I was told that part number information will be available after Jan 1. What I DID get from the web site is: the old and new bottom bowls have the same part numbers, so I'm guessing the mounting holes for the legs are the same. The leg kits are 2 different part numbers (obviously). I got this info from the schematics for the WSMs on Weber's site. I'm thinking I'll convert to the new style legs when they're available to order, and get the heat shield too.

The size of the door isn't listed. There is one part number for the 2009 model door, and seven part numbers for the earlier 2000's.... I didn't check to see if the part numbers for the center barrel section were the same. If they are, I imagine the new door would fit the older model....

EDIT: I checked the schematics for the center sections - the part numbers are different, so the door cutout on the 2009 model MIGHT be different....

Back