MN Renaisasance competition

Jeff R

TVWBB Pro
Is anyone going to be cooking at the backyard competition this weekend at the MN Renaissance Festival?

would have if I knew about it. I was at Quetopia and the owner mentioned it and they wanted him to be a sponsor so he hooped online and coulnt find any information about it. Figured they had no sponsors and ditched it?

Yeah, I stumbled on it a little while back, but you really have to google hard to find it. I haven't gotten my WSM yet so I can't do it. Actually finding it made me realize I have move on from my gas smoker for real competitions. I will have it in two weeks, birthday or not!

No, I didn't make it. I would have made a point to have gotten there is someone from here was going and I could stop out to meet them.

Weekends - too much to do, to little time to do it all.

I saw that on CL. Amazon is down to 325.

I knew about the event so I went to the website for the MN Renn Fest and found it on the second weekend. You can find a form for registering there if you look. It is not a sanctioned event so it might be a fun first step. Here is the link for that weekend and you can find the registration form here as well:
http://renaissancefest.com/royalale.html

Originally posted by Shawn Gardner:
This is coming up again in on Aug 25 & 26. Is anyone going? I was thinking this might be a fun first comp to try out.

I've never comped before, but I'd be interested. Anyone else?

Still up in the air if I will do this one this year. Haven't found anything yet on payouts, so I suspect there are none :(

Back