Outdoor Kitchen with build-in for Kettle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve G.

TVWBB Member
I am looking to build an outdoor kitchen for a home we are going to be building down the road. I would like to build a stone countertop and have the kettle recessed into it. Has anyone one done this and/or does anyone have suggestions on how to do this well?

Here is a link to a picture that I found with the basic idea.

Outdoor Kitchen

Hi Steve,

I set my kettle and WSM into a counter. As it is not as extensive as what you have shown, I took the idea from something similiar.

front

Back

The kettle was a platinum so it had mounting brackets for the cart that it comes with. It just sits on the counter. The WSM sits on a lazy susan so I can access vents. With the addition of a pitminder (Guru) that is virutally unnecessary.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n..... too many choices!
Gary

Sorry about the photo. Not to savy with that, seem to be having trouble editing. Will attempt to repost pics. correctly.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

Pretty cool. I'm trying to get some idea's when I get my backyard done. I want to be able to mount my WSM and Kettle grill on some type of island.

Thanks,

One day my wife asked me if there was something I could do with the grills piling up in the corner of the patio. Of course I had to make her happy.
icon_biggrin.gif

Ariel, in SD (lived there 12 years) you have many resourses. Check out some of the showrooms in your area. Many good ideas.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices
Gary

awesome setup.

for OP, I think simple customs are the way to go, 99% of prefab installations I see today are for gas grills.

I am in the process of designing and building our terraced concrete patio and planning to do something similar, although the entire patio and kitchen will be designed around a wood fired brick pizza oven and a kettle enclosure off to one side.

Meanwhile, this is my current kettle set up just outside of our kitchen. I've posted this photo here before.
P1030647.jpg

This OD kitchen with the pizza oven below belongs to someone else but this is the basic design idea I have in mind for my OD kitchen with a walled enclosure:
123.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve G.:
Outdoor Kitchen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WHAT? No tennis court?

I keep telling myself someday I will have some thing like that kitchen outside. But on a side note, what cracks me up everytime is in the picture there is this fantastic OD kitchen, with a broken and collapsed shade umbrell in the background. It just doesn't make sense.
icon_confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back