Another cheap ceramic knife

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
I picked up this knife for $9.99. It's my first ceramic. With the sheen on it it looks like metal but it's not.

I'm pleased with the handle shape, it fits well.

On my first use I snapped a tiny bit of the tip off. It embedded in a wood cutting board and before it even registered I had snapped it instead of pulling straight out.
banghead.gif

It's very sharp and I like that it shouldn't make lettuce brown like steel does.

Anyway, just thought I'd post it, it's made in China so perhaps some of you will see it rebranded.

2008-10-30a001.jpg

My only problem is what if that little point was hidden in the cut up food and you didn't notice it? I couldn't imagine the poor sap who bit into it, or accidentally swallowed it.

They serve no purpose in my kitchen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Chips:
My only problem is what if that little point was hidden in the cut up food and you didn't notice it? I couldn't imagine the poor sap who bit into it, or accidentally swallowed it.

They serve no purpose in my kitchen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Smackdown! lol

Is that your opinion on all ceramic knives or just cheapos?
icon_confused.gif

I bought it just to get to try ceramic and see what they are like and the price was certainly right.

Oh, I wouldn't argue the price point. I just wouldn't want to have to worry about breaking it, dropping it etc.

I think their developers created a solution to a problem that didn't exist.
icon_smile.gif

That's a little guy. Is it just a paring knife? Kind of looks like a hunting / skinning knife.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob R.:
That's a little guy. Is it just a paring knife? Kind of looks like a hunting / skinning knife. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, just a paring knife. The sheath is kinda kinda sporty though eh?

Back