Pork tenderloin on the go anywhere

Justin W

TVWBB Pro
This is for you, George.
imagetdd.jpg

By hogsfan at 2011-11-17

imagewre.jpg

By hogsfan at 2011-11-17

Sorry there are not any finished pictures. I actually figured out that my grill base is warped during this cook because I could not get the cooking grate back in it's place. So instead of taking pics, I called Weber and the new bowl was on its way before the tenderloin was finished cooking. I love weber. (VERY frustrated with Amazon though.)

I was a little distracted by the technical problem I was having, but it's very different than the SJ. I like the square shape better, but the coals are a lot closer so coal management is important. As you can see in this picture, it's very easy to cook unevenly. My problem here was that I had used new coals over old old coals and when I dumped them, I couldn't tell which ones were lit and which ones were just the old ones. There is not a lot of room for error. I think this is going to be ideal for high heat quick cooks and reverse sears for small meals. I just need practice.

I love those pictures, George, but all I have is the stock grill. That's the limiting factor. I wish I knew where to get those other "toys." Even just the go anywhere equivalent of a SJ tamale pot would open up a LOT of options.

most everything you see for the ga is home made.
as a side note, if you turn the side vents upside down they will work beter. will post a differnt post on this.

Back