Poultry Shears?

I have a Chicago Cutlery version similar to the Wüsthof Come-Apart Kitchen Shears (3rd on the list), and find, with that design, the opener/screwdriver tabs on the back end of the handles often "bite" the tip of my little finger when I cut thru the larger bones. Other than that, they work fine.

I have a pair of Wusthof Grand Prix II (#5556) kitchen sheers. The list for around $50 but you can get them for less:

One Source

These came to be as a "re-wrap" from my SIL who got them as a present from a student. She already had a set, so gave them to me.

I have used them uncountable times for parting out chickens. Not Chicken shears per se, but then some CS's don't work well for the other all around uses that I put these to in the kitchen. Like trimming all kinds of things such as herbs, etc. that true chicken shears won't do.

Not knocking chicken shears at all, just thought I'd mention and alternative that works great for chickens, but also has other uses. These shears are always out when I'm cooking, even when chicken is not part of the menu.

i have the $35 henckels listed on the amazon link and while they cut through the buzzard bones perfectly fine i would not buy them again: the coil spring is a complete waste and rusted out very quickly.

Thanks everyone. A lot of chioces there.

r benash, I already have kitchen shears for herbs and such but they don't work very well for poultry that's why I am looking for poultry shears but thanks for the thought.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim johnson:
Is this the same as the S.R.'s?

http://www.amazon.com/Pedrini-Black-Satin-Poultry-Shear...id=1231946096&sr=8-9 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, those don't have his signature on them
icon_razz.gif

seriously it does look like the same ones.

Back