London Broil on the smokey joe tonight

Susan Z

TVWBB Guru
It's been Jaccarded and now it's marinating in the classic soy, red wine, garlic, ginger combo, with some molasses thrown in for good measure.

Lightning fast cook, and always a winner. We serve it up with chinese mustard and rice of course.

London Broil is my favorite! I'll have to try that
combination of marinate. I usually just throw together whatever I have in the fridge and hope it tastes good.

Susan--What did you use for the London Broil--flank?

Which Jaccard do you have--how many blades? Do you like it i.e. think it makes a difference?

Hmm...it's actually labeled as a London Broil. I don't believe it's a flank steak, but I love them, too.

I have the bigger Jaccard (the one with the 48 needles) and I really do believe it makes a difference. Definitely speeds cooking!

It's annoying how many meat departments do that. I really like knowing what I'm buying. Sometimes the cut is recognizable but often it's not.

I wondered about the Jaccard 48. How many things have you tried it on? Do you think you get better marinade penetration as well as increased tenderness and cooking speed?

Susan,

On Dec 20 I posted a recipe for "Bourbon Grilled Flank Steak" that is a real winner. It can also be used with London Broil. Once you try it, I think it will be a favorite.

Ray

Back