Snowy Chicagoland

Mark Skeet

TVWBB Pro
The snow has started here and I'm preparing to fire up my snow blower instead of my cooker. I thought I'd post a picture from last summer when the weather was a little nicer.

Have a great day!

Mark

Great piC! Looks like some good eats!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Ribs look great Mark! Best way to maximize the space on your kettle is a rib rack. Load it up & smoke 'em up!

Sounds like you need one of those BBQ pavillions like Jim Lampe has.......neither wind, rain, sleet, or snow, shall stop the Que.

Nice pics Mark
And 2 weeks ago I was hoping we'd make the whole winter over here with not one snow storm. Since then, 2 storms. I hope mother nature isnt making up for lost time!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Nice pics Mark
And 2 weeks ago I was hoping we'd make the whole winter over here with not one snow storm. Since then, 2 storms. I hope mother nature isnt making up for lost time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Jeff you how the weather in Chicagoland is, wait a day and it will change. Look Sunday near 40* and rain.

Just in case you want to see what it looks like in chicago today, here is a sneak peak.

dsc06206i.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-01-22

A little meat loaf on the mini smoker, and a few helpers.

dsc06202h.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-01-22

Brian

Mark - How much in Oswego? We got 7" in Indian Head Park. Quit snowing about 7:30 Friday night. Left for Springfield about 8:00 Saturday morning and couldn't believe how bad I55 still was - all the way down to I80. Rained all Sunday night with temps in mid-high 40's - even saw lightning and heard thunder. Snow is just about all gone!

Larry,

We got pretty much the same, around 7". It was definately tough getting around Friday afternoon. I was lucky enough to cancel an afternoon appointment to get home early and miss that mess of a rush hour. Now today after last night's thunder storm it's just a sloppy snowless mess. It's been a strange winter around here so far.

Mark

Back