Morgan Hill No Bull 5/13

Enjoyed seeing John and all the other WSM users at this competition this morning. Hope they took home some trophies! I spread around some TVWB swag to anyone with a WSM in their booth. Hope I hit everyone.

Regards,
Chris

I'm glad you were able to make it Chris. I hope "Lord Of the Ribs" was the big winner. Thanks for representing John!
icon_cool.gif

Thanks for stopping by Chris.

No trophies this time... we took 34th overall.. the pork butt was overdone and brought down our scores.

Our best tun in was brisket which got 18th and our worst was pork (cooked on a barell).

I did Chicken and Ribs which took 23rd and 31st place. I practiced competition chicken twice earlier in the month and could have scored better except for the too spicy judge comments which is easy to correct.

On the ribs. Earlier in the week our rib person had to pull out. I volunterred to cook the ribs but with a miscommunication on who was buying them left me arriving at the comp with no ribs. I quickly drove to Gilroy Costco to buy some St Louis cut ribs on Friday late afternoon.

A far as other WSM teams..

Slap You Daddy took the 16th place, and Butcher's Daughter (Harry's future wife) took 11th. I think the GC, Huminie's Hogalicious uses a WSM for at least one of their turn ins. I'm not sure how the other teams using WSMs placed.

Back