WARNING ON IMUSA KETTLE

LDean

TVWBB Member
If purchasing the IMUSA kettle locally, suggest that you look closely at the top crimp. Recently I bought a kettle at Target for $20.39, did not look closely, found that the crimp was not done well-no way the SJ lid will fit. This is the only 1 of 8 I have bought locally, that would not fit. Suggest that the buyer measure closely or test fit on the SJ lid, as well as making sure there are no dents in the pot. If ordering over the internet, would suggest the Vasconia pot. Another alternative is the 36 qt pot found at Academy Sports.

Thx for the heads up. I am planning this mod this week while I have some time off.

As an addition to your caution, I read where Chris suggested that you should actually take the SJ to the store when you buy your pot to test fit in the parking lot. If it doesn't work return it and try again until you find one that does work.

Appreciate the heads-up.
On another note, I found a 32-quart Vasconia tamale pot at H-E-B that was way too small.
I returned it but wound up with a fancy, 32-quart IMUSA pot with a glass lid and black plastic on the handles. It fit great, however.

Back