Re-inventing my team.

Scott Dace

TVWBB Super Fan
Since I got laid off and decided to go back to school, I have shelved the Shoe City Smokers for a time. I think I will take this time to re-invent the team, the style and the flavor of Shoe City Smokers. I have been working hard on my rubs and sauces and investigating new ways to cook the same thing. Maybe primal, bare bones with nothing rubbed or injected or sauced until the last minute. I can't say to much more because I don't want to tip my hand but I'll just say, when we come back, expect something totally different.
icon_smile.gif

Hey Scott,
There's something to be said about cooking "primal" for competition.
What I do is cook everything (except for chicken) just like I do it in the backyard. Last outing was 5th ribs, 2nd pork, 6th brisket, 5th overall.
Just sayin'.

Sounds like you and I are in about the same boat. Due to my situation, I'm having to put competition BBQ on a little bit of a back burner. I'll still compete in a couple of my most favorite comps but I'm having to cut it way back for a while. I probably won't even do the Triple Crown Championship even though I'm in line for the invitational. Hopefully be back to my full schedule next year.

Sucks because I just took the Swamp Boy's class two weeks ago and learned all sorts of different things and sparked several new ideas. Guess I'll just test them extensively for a while.

Russ

Back