Smoke stains on hood

S Whipple

TVWBB Member
I have noticed smoke stains on the hood of my Genesis where it meets te cast iron side panels. The Weber site indicates this maybe common with new units and that cause will rectify itself over time.

Has anyone experienced this and generally how many cooks did it take to rectify this problem?

While cleaning up the stains I looked inside the hood and noticed what appears to be an 1/8" gap in the flange which connects the hood to the side panel but, interesting the side with the gap produces a lesser degree of smoke staining than the other side without a gap. I have used my Genesis less than a dozen times thus far.

S Whipple

Usually with all grills when things get good and greasy the lid will seal better. I suspect that may be what weber is refering to. If you have a noticable air leak / gap and you feel it shouldnt be there I would advise you give Weber a shout and see what they have to say. They are the best in any business for customer service. Good luck.

Craig, Come'on, I just finished paying for it with my tax returns. I would like to keep her bright & shiny for as long as possible...LOL.

S Whipple

Back