Potato grenades w/hot sausage

So this is my take on the BBQ Pit Boys, "potato bomb". With their potato you can't stuff much inside the potato, with mine you can fit a lot.

Potatogrenademk1.jpg

For mine as the above CAD drawing shows you carve out the inside instead of just using a apple corer. For this I used a knife and a cheap spoon I sharpened. You could also use a melon baller if you have one. You will also need the bottom of a beer can.

DSC00479.jpg

I stuffed mine with shredded mozzarella cheese, hot sausage and onion. They were compacted as they were added. Then I used a skewer to hold the two halves together as I placed it on the grill on indirect.

DSC00481.jpg

I let it go 20 minutes with the lid on then turned it 180° and let go another 20 minutes. At that time I put on the onions, cooked them then on with the hot sausage.

DSC00491.jpg

Here it is opened up. It was a taste explosion!

DSC00494.jpg

Love it Brian, have not seen the Pit Boys video on this, will have to look it up. So were the onions and sausage uncooked before you stuffed the spud?

Thanks,
Eric

I have never heard of those before. That is cool and would be impressive for dinner party. Nicely done. Do you have the required measurements to go with that CAD
icon_smile.gif

Those look and sound incredible. I love the pit boys' recipes and youtube videos. I've done the bombs several times and always love them. Too bad you missed iron chef potatos with these; they would of fit in perfectly.

I'm gonna have to try these, but I'm gonna use mashed potatoes, cheese, and jalepenos in the stuffing then wrap the grenade in bacon.

Fantastic recipe and execution, Thanks Brian!

Good idea and great cook! I have done the Pit Boys potato bombs and you are right, can't stuff too much in there. Will have to give your way a try next time.

Thanks for sharing this Brian. Will have to give these a try, since we love potatoes cooked in different ways.

Yep im with KaZ this should be an entry at the IC contest! Really cool idea and i bet it tasted GREAT! Well Done

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Michaud:
Love it Brian, have not seen the Pit Boys video on this, will have to look it up. So were the onions and sausage uncooked before you stuffed the spud?

Thanks,
Eric </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I cooked the sausage and onion before stuffing them inside.

kas S, Wolgast, and Jon Des. -

Wish I was not so busy at work. Would have liked to done the IC contest.

Thanks to all the rest who like this. Maybe one day I will get that potato attachment for my lathe!

Back