Campaign to Promote Grill Decency *****

Joel Kiess

TVWBB All-Star
I got my "Official Grill Decency Agent" kit today. Pretty cool! Very funny.

Anyone else receive theirs yet?

A funny thing about this program.
They invited me to join and then refused to send me a kit because I lived outside the USA. They said it was Weber Australia's responsibility. Weber Australia is solely owned by Weber USA, R Mcdonald and Company are the marketing company for Weber in Australia.

Last year I lost count of the amount of people that I changed over to Weber but they wouldn't spend a few extra bucks on postage - go figure.

I wanted the kit as part of the showmanship when demonstrating. But I guess rules are rules.

Regards

Phil - Email your address to me. I'll mail you my kit.

Jim

p.s. I'm still enjoying your cookbook that you emailed me.

Jim
Thank you for the kind offer - such is the calibre of members of this forum which makes it the best around.

I am going to continue to pursue Weber to send me a kit this year - it is now not the kit but the principle.

I am glad that you are still enjoying the cookbook I have added a few to it and have more to add when I get some quiet time, I did honey and soy chicken wings last night for dinner and am enjoying some leftover wings for lunch as I respond to your message. I now have a sticky keyboard.

Thanks once again for your very kind offer.

Regards

It's a bit of promotional fun from Weber.

The kit is a black portfolio (cardboard) containing a welcome letter to the Campaign to Promote Grill Decency (signed by Chuck Yur Grill), a laminated card identifying you as a Grill Decency Agent, a button, a few stickers and a bumper sticker, a brochure and, my favorite, a few door hangers to place on the doors of neighbors who you see with a crappy grill (it lets them know there is another way).

Resurrecting an old thread....

I have mine as well. Did anyone else get....a special gift in their kit??? I got something else in mine, but I haven't seen anyone mention it. Ummm....trying not to disappoint a bunch of people or cause trouble for Weber by having people call & complain.

A silicone brush? Yeah, I got one in my kit last fall. Then, Weber sent me a 2nd kit this spring, only no free gift this time.

Those brushes come in handy too. Nice long handle for saucing up the meat at the end of a cook without burning your hands.

They just sent it. I "applied" last summer, and the first kit showed up several months later. I had forgotten all about it. Then, they sent a second one around Memorial Day. I guess they figured I used up all the cards and door hangers.

I carry the grill decency agent card in my wallet and have the bumper sticker proudly displayed on the back of my truck. Friends dont let friends buy crappy grills
icon_smile.gif

Brandon

What ever you do, guys, don't post your membership number here. I did back in April, along with several others, and they all got deleted. For the life of me, I can't figure out which rule that broke...

Bill

I received mine several months ago. My wife thought it was pretty hilarious. I'm really tempted to distribute some of the material in there.

Of course I pass the stuff out, mostly to friends who can take the joke. Usually, they see me using the same grills year after year, while theirs are already falling apart, and they see the light.
Hell, my dad even bought a Genesis Silver C.

Back