Weber rotisserie vs ez que

i know this question has been asked many times but.....

the weber rotisserie is $139 at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...VPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

then there is the ez que 17 1/2 for $129

and then there is the ez que 21 1/2 inch for $179

i have a weber 2010 performer and i want to roast chickens and whole turkeys as well as try my hand at tacos al pastor.

people like the ez que because of the baskets where you dont actually poke your food and juice runs out. also the fact that you dont need to adjust weights.

people like the rotisserie because of webers customer service, ez que is lacking.

im trying to decide on one of the three. the ez que 17 1/2 wont fit my performer, right?

if so that leaves the weber and the 21 1/2 ez que. amazon has good customer service which is why i am leaning towards the ez que. if i had a problem with the ez que wouldnt i just contact amazon, not ez que? if so, doesnt that cancel out ez que bad customer service?

too bad there are no reviews on the $179 ez que at am azon.

any input would be great.

I have an 8"x17.5" EZ-Que and a 6"x21.5" Weber #9891 Cradle (EZ-Que) for the Genesis. The 21.5" will not fit a kettle, but if you can get the 6x17.5 from Amazon for $129 with the motor, it could be a swingin' deal. You will need a rotis ring from Weber.

I got a D-Cell rotis motor to use at comps for my Rib-O-Lator and was pleased with its results.

You won't be disappointed with any spinner with your Performer.

wait so youre saying the $129 ez que is the one i should get? the performer is 21 1/2 but that que is 17 1/2. i am confused how that would work together. that ez que includes the motor according to the description.

the 17in is the ONLY one that will work on the kettle. the 21 will NOT work. you really need a ring but if yer handy you can make yer own. be advised that there is no one at ez que. it seems they are gone. you can do a lot with the weber unit and poking with the rod really does not let the juices run out. also the end rods do come in differant lengths. they do unscrew and have LEFT handed threads. you should make sure they are tight as they can come loose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brady martin:
wait so youre saying the $129 ez que is the one i should get? the performer is 21 1/2 but that que is 17 1/2. i am confused how that would work together. that ez que includes the motor according to the description. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The EZ-Que Hobo cradles are a portable unit that has its own frame. The 17.5" will likely fit the Performer, but you will need a Weber rotiserie ring to use it with the lid, so $139 for the Weber ring, spit/forks and motor is about average. I'm just saying the $129 unit is a pretty decent deal, if you want the EZ-Que cradle,and if its a reliable seller.

Trying to compare the Weber to the EZ-Que is hard since Weber obviously branded it to sell with their line of gas grills, they are both well made.

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

I'm into rotisserie cooking and have a modified Rib-O-Lator, the EZ-Que and Char-Broil baskets for my kettles and Drums and just don't care for the spit forks myself, but don't let that stop you-it will up your game!

Hey Brian,

I have the Weber rotis, so I have a motor and extension ring already.

On the EZ-Que website the 17.5 X 8 with the four arms is out of stock, but they have the 17.5 x 6 that comes with two arms.

Do you think the difference between the two is worth waiting for the bigger one to be restocked?

Back