Grilled Channel Cats

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Picked up a few fillets from my favourite market.
DSCN8155.JPG

Opened a fine bottle of vino from the same...
Good stuff at a Great price...
DSCN8152.JPG

Seasoned the catfish with EVOO, lemon juice and Penzey's Cajun Seasoning.
DSCN8160.JPG

Using the Weber Style™ Grill Pan, the CCs were ready to cook.
DSCN8162.JPG

After a few minutes, they were flipped.
DSCN8163.JPG

Done to near Perfection...
DSCN8164.JPG

...and served on ButterTop rolls (from Sendik's) with sautéed asparagus and Crash Hot Potatoes.
DSCN8168.JPG

DSCN8169.JPG

Quite tasty! I <span class="ev_code_RED">?</span> Catfish!
fish_8.gif

Thanks for stoppin' by!

You know me Jim, I don't care much for grilled fish, but I'd sure give your cats a bite!
They look great, and even crispy too!

Reminds me of times gone by with my brother and late Dad.
Cabin on the Gasconade River.
Setting out limb lines.
Checking them through the night.
Seeing the limb dancing with a fat channel cat on the line.
And a mess of 'em cooked up before we headed home.

Jim,

You done good! Catfish is not my favorite but I would eat that in a heart beat! Bet it would be good with walleye too.

I'm surprised how many people don't know (and love) catfish. I have fond memories of my mom frying whole catfish with hushpuppies in crisco in an electric skillet in southern Illinois. (sigh). Which is my way of saying WOW! I bet those catfish tasted great esp. with the cajun seasoning. Nice one Mr. Lampe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
You know me Jim, I don't care much for grilled fish, but I'd sure give your cats a bite!
They look great, and even crispy too!

Reminds me of times gone by with my brother and late Dad.
Cabin on the Gasconade River.
Setting out limb lines.
Checking them through the night.
Seeing the limb dancing with a fat channel cat on the line.
And a mess of 'em cooked up before we headed home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bob,

What part of the Gasconade did you fish? I grew up fishing that river and have set many trotlines and limb lines for channels and flatheads. I'll never forget the days where we camped out for a week up river from Belle Chute access (not far from Rolla), trapping bait all day and running the lines all night. Would be work now but much fun then. I fish mostly for walleye at Stockton Lake now.

Been thinking about smoking or grilling walleye but haven't decided on how to do it. Jim's pics gave me some ideas.

Scotty W.

good looking catfish fillets, Jim! Haven't tried grilling catfish, as we always eat them fried. Some tasty habits are hard to break.

Great job! Fish or shellfish, of any kind, are one of my favorite things to grill.
I bought one of the Weber SS grids in November. It's great for fish, shelfish, veggies, and especially mushrooms.
Leaving tomorrow morning to spend the weekend in northeast Ohio with my Dad, brother, and sister. Tomorrow night we'll go to an all you can eat fish fry. Hope they have the lake perch!

many very kind words and I thank you all for them
icon_smile.gif

I could eet catfish almost everyday, it's that tasty!

Back