Tuna Patties on the Q 220

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
It's been ages since I've made tuna patties.
I always fried them, in a bit of oil, before.

Last night my Weber Q was begging to be used, so I decided to try grilling some.

Nothing measured, but I used 2 cans of drained tuna, 2 eggs, 2 slices of torn white bread, Panko crumbs, diced onions, and dry seasonings.
They seemed a bit moist, so I used a support system.

They held together well, and tasted great!
I placed them on my once a month recipe list, and may try salmon next time.

100_3392.jpg

hey Bob, you made five of those burgers...? noWAY you can eet oll that... Send one my way an i'll test em for ya
icon_biggrin.gif

Really, you're makin me hungry! I'm gonna hafta start packin a lunch cuz there's nothin here(KINC) to eet
LooksREELgood Bob!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Send one my way an i'll test em for ya </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Charlie, uh, Jim, I only had one, my wife and son took the remaining two for their lunches today.

Catch you next time
icon_smile.gif

Those look very tasty Bob!
I've always used salmon, never tried the tuna for a Pattie.
Was the canned tuna packed in oil, or water?

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
Those look very tasty Bob!
I've always used salmon, never tried the tuna for a Pattie.
Was the canned tuna packed in oil, or water?

Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Tim!
The tuna was packed in water.

looks great from here. my wife makes something like that but i never thought of doing it on the grill. guess what i'm ginna try ?

Wow those look awesome! I'm going to have to try that for sure I get tired of regular burgers and that looks like a winner to me!

A Frogmat works great on the Q. I also use a trivet without foil under it and a frogmat on top of it to raise the food up a bit and not get strong sear marks. It allows the marinade to set or doesn't burn the burgers etc into oblivion.

Cheers

Back