Meat & Potatoes... Milwaukee Style.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Now, everyone in Wisconsin has pets... whether real pets or just peeves... i got both.
This is Niner relazin'...
DSCN7691.JPG

and this is Madison gnawing on a bone I smoked yesterday...
DSCN7692.JPG

As much as the peeves go, we'll lettem go for now.
icon_biggrin.gif
And on to cookin'....
Sliced up two large Russets about a good inch thick then butter-pat under'um on a CIS.
DSCN7694.JPG

That seasoning you see on'um is Penzey's version of Adobo... very good stuff!<span class="ev_code_GREY">trust me!</span>
DSCN7696.JPG

Set-up the Green OTG with CIGs on it...
DSCN7698.JPG
DSCN7699.JPG

...then plopped the CHUCK EYE STEAKS on'um!
DSCN7700.JPG

These knuckleheads were EVOO'd then seasoned with.... Weber's Big Book Of Grilling TRI-TIP RUB (page 108).
DSCN7701.JPG

OhYeah, there is Pecan wood in that kettle for smoke flavour...
DSCN7703.JPG

The thing with these cute little steaks is: just keep flippin'um from one side to the other over direct hot heat until your tired or until your hungry!
I did that until it all looked like this:
DSCN7706.JPG

Yeah, ok, liz did add broc an' corn an' carrots to the picture... butt really...
DSCN7709.JPG

these lil' steaks prepared perfectly are as tasty IF NOT MORE than the monsters that cost nearly 3 TIMES as much!
As flavourful as these baby chuck eyes are, I'd be PROUD to serve these to my BEST FRIEND!
and today, I did!

Thanks for dealing with my fun!
icon_biggrin.gif

ANOTHER Great J.L. dinner! Looks cold outside but very warm inside. I like how the little buddys sleep near the fire. I show these photos to my wife when you post them and she wants to know what the stones are with the names on them? Thanks!

Man that looks sooo good. Need to do another batch of those CIS-taters next meal. They are so good. Great Post Jim!

Thanks for your kind words
icon_smile.gif

Rob, those stones are memorial stones of our pets that have passed away. The large one is Charlie, our Black Labrador and the small one, Reba, our Maine Coon.

G-Morning Jim
Thanks for reply. Where can the wife and I get a couple of thoses Memorial stones? We actually just lost one of our little feline buddys Dec. 18 and he was 18 years old and 3 months. Your info is appreciated.

Two things got to me about your post.

First the food:
Outstanding as always!
I've had c'eyes on my brain lately, and will soon have some on my plate.

Second is your story about the pet stones.
Jim, your heart is as big as your personality.
And that's saying something!
icon_smile.gif

Great looking meal Jim, and thanks for the pet info & pics. Four legged children are great!

i am new to this board and am amazed everytime i come on with the cooking ideas. great looking meal! doesn't seem all that complicated (which is a good thing for me a newby!) just takes a creative mind. thanks for posting.

Back