Specialty Spices Online?

James Harvey

TVWBB Pro
Anyone have a line on where I can get specialty spices online (chilli powders, mexican herbs etc...)? I'm in Toronto and, sadly, I can't find much. I've been to Caribbean and Indian stores with no success. I can't even find chipotle or ancho. Perhaps I'm shopping at the wrong places but any help would be greatly appreciated.

JDH

Oh James, go to Penzeys Spices, online and then get their catalog.When you look online or get the catalog be prepared to spend an hour in all the glory of their selections. Any spice or pepper you ever wanted to try or have for a recipe they have.You won't be disappointed.

One word for you... Penzey's
icon_wink.gif

I live in the Toronto area (Bowmanville) and just placed an order with Penzeys. Shipping for the first pound is pretty expensive (maybe $30) but the 15th pound is only a dollar or so, so just order lots at one time.

I'm going to pool orders with other people in the area next time. Will also check out the Spice Trader, didn't know about them.

I used to use Penzeys and World Spice but pretty much use Silk Road exclusively now. Shipping within Canada is dirt cheap and the quality is the same as penzeys. Plus they have an excellent selection and service. for anyone in Calgary they just opened a new shop last week, I was driving through and stopped by, very nice place!

Clark

Go to http://www.penzeys.com/
Promo code KINDNESS gets you any 1/2 cup jar of spices for free.
Promo code 22150C will add a free 1/2 cup jar of Northwoods Seasoning to your cart.
Choose the "Slow" shipping method for $3.95 shipping.

For $3.95 (just for the shipping) you get two 1/2 cup jars of spices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Promo code 22150C will add a free 1/2 cup jar of Northwoods Seasoning to your cart </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you're diggin' that Northwoods, eh Daniel?
icon_wink.gif

there is a penzey's in Buffalo.

Isn't there a Latin grocery in Kensington Market that sells whole chiles?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
there is a penzey's in Buffalo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love Penzey's

http://www.penzeys.com/

Excellent !

Thanks All. I'll check them both out. Shipping has been an issue from what I've seen so far.

EDIT - Just did a price comparison between Silk Road and Penzeys and the shipping makes Silk Road cheaper for Toronto anyway.

I placed my first order and am waiting impatiently.

JDH

Back