Mother @#$*&^ Nature

G

Mother Nature has taken my WSM and abused her
icon_mad.gif
. It blew the smoker over in a thunderstorm even though it was tucked behind 2 stable objects. I have some reshaping work to do because the smoker doesn't like to be blown across the concrete patio and smashed into flagstone. Has anyone made a nice secure base for these that are storm proof. The kettle went unscathed so the wind wasn't that strong. Thanks for the help.

Short of building a platform for it, why not just bungee cord it to the two other stable objects? Then the storm would have to take the all down.

Sorry to hear about the damage. I keep mine in the garage to avoid such issues. Maybe try what Jim suggested?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Wilson:
Has anyone made a nice secure base for these that are storm proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8680069052/m/9500050055

I still haven't cooked with my cart yet, but it held up in a very windy rainstorm last night. It definitely would have been blown over last night, but the cart is very heavy-duty. Take a Sunday to make one, you'll be happy.

I keep mine in the garage as Toby stated. I try not to give my male labs much of a target
icon_frown.gif
Just a thought a couple of tap-cons and conduit straps will secure your wsm to your patio, or a large concrete paver.
Tim

great something else I should worry about with my 2 WSM. I never thought about it blowing over till now. I just changed my deck a bit and have them on an corner edge. If they get blown off they are taking a 20" drop to the hard ground below.

Back