Shish Ka Bobs

Chuck Simon

TVWBB Pro
Tonight, I made shish kabobs for the first time in a long time. I bought already marinated lemon pepper chicken, red onion and green bell pepper. I had to work a little later than usual tonight, so I fired up the gasser instead of the kettle. Preheated the grill on medium and threw them on. I let them cook over direct heat for about 8 minutes and then flipped them. I let them cook for about another 8 minutes and they were ready to go. Stephaniewas so excited to try shish kabobs for the very first time. She loved the lemon pepper chicken, but didn't care much for the peppers and onions.

Thanks Glenn! She already loves helping me make burgers. She even takes pics of the burgers she makes. She likes to make them small, just her size. My wife just shakes her head and says that I have created a monster. I didn't think of getting her an SJ. Thanks for the great idea!
icon_biggrin.gif

Same here on the head shakin and small burgers
icon_biggrin.gif

We have a Saturday tradition of burgers for lunch.

I was out of town a couple of weeks ago and the girls wanted burgers, but mom said she was scared to fool with the cc! My 11 yr old rookie showed her how to light cc in the chimney, spread the coals and where to put the vents!

adagirl
icon_cool.gif

Chuck... great job, tnx for sharing the pics. You have a great assistant. I like to make kabobs too, especially beef. For chunks of beef, I like to skewer them and while grilling, baste with salted water, no other seasoning. Sorta South American style.

joe

Thanks everyone! I forgot how good kabobs are. Sadly, I don't now how often I will be making them as my girls do not eat the onions and peppers. Maybe next time I will put pineapple on them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glenn W:
I was out of town a couple of weeks ago and the girls wanted burgers, but mom said she was scared to fool with the cc! My 11 yr old rookie showed her how to light cc in the chimney, spread the coals and where to put the vents!

adagirl
icon_cool.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's awesome Glenn! Great job teaching her the fundamentals of life!!!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Back