Turkey kebabs

DWolf

TVWBB Member
After endless turkey burgers I decided to try my hand at turkey kebabs on the grill. The results were excellent if I do say so myself.

Here's the recipe I used:

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 onion grated
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tb minced fresh parsely
2 Tb minced fresh cilantro
(feel free to add mint, I just didn't have any handy)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp cinammon
1/4 - to 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs (the amount you will need depends on how wet the turkey meat is)

Mix everything but the breadcrumbs in a bowl making sure all the ingredients are well distributed. Add 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and continue mixing. If the meat feels too loose add the other 1/4 cup. If that still doesn't create a mixture that holds together add more breadcrumbs 2 tbs at a time.

Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.

When it's time to cook heat the grill to medium high. I put a couple of bricks about 10 inches apart on the grill to support the skewers. That way there's no risk of the meat sticking and pulling off when you try to turn them.

Form cigar shaped kebabs about 3 inches long onto flat grilling skewers. Don't use round ones or the mixture will fall off onto the grill (that's not a crisis if it happens, just cook them like sausage patties on the grill). Also, don't make the kebab patties too fat or they'll fall off no matter what type of skewers you use. Cook 6-8 minutes then turn and cook another 5 minutes. Use a meat thermometer just to make sure they're done.

I served mine with a simple tomato sauce made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, cumin, a pinch of cinammon, salt and pepper.

If anyone on the board has madeturkey kebabs before I'd sure like to try your recipes. I've gotten so much good stuff from the members here it's amazing.

Back