Woof's Apple Sauce for BBQ Pork

G

At present a large lump of deboned pork is cooking in the WSM. I am making apple sauce to go with it and even the apples are home made..err..home grown.

Ingredients:
4 to 6 granny smith apples (try and get ones that are still very green in colour and with slightly greenish flesh)
Juice and grated of one lemon
1 tablespoon of sugar or to taste ( do not go overboard with making it sweet as it should still be tangy)
water
And my secret ingredient!!!!...... a teaspoon or so of Angoustura Bitters ( you can buy this at liquor stores..is the stuff they rinse round the glass to make pink gins)

Method:
Peel, core and slice apples and put in saucepan.
Add water to almost cover apples and simmer with lid on till water is half reduced and apples are mushy.
Add lemon juice, rind, sugar and bitters (which is not bitter tasting..is the taste of cloves and other spices) and stir through. Heat gently for a few mins till apple is transparent looking.

Serve hot or cold.
W
smile.gif

Glenda - one question - are you married becasue if not I will pack my bags and jump a jet. Sounds good to me! - thanks.

Steve

Darn it!! Hmm..do they do quickie divorces in Reno..or is that just quickie marriages? <G>

regards
W
smile.gif

Back