KCBS Judging Class in NW Iowa March 2012

Brad W

TVWBB Super Fan
Just trying to get an early word out in the bbq dead zone that is NW Iowa. There will be a judging class in March 2012. Registration is open (I signed out as soon as I got the email) so here is a link for all the information: http://www.visitstormlake.com/article.aspx?id=1036

Will also throw out a little advanced notice on the Lakefest comp in Storm Lake on June 15-16. It will be a KCBS contest this year. No info yet. Last year teams got free tickets to the concerts and waterpark so a few good perks if you compete.

I told Kelli that I would help any way needed since I am already a certified judge.

There will also be a cooking class in March.

I went to high school in Storm Lake!

Live in Eastern Iowa now, but could maybe make a trip back for the contest.

Chad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chad_M:
I went to high school in Storm Lake!

Live in Eastern Iowa now, but could maybe make a trip back for the contest.

Chad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was one last year non-sanctioned but lots of fun. First comp for myself and others. Kelli Berg is working hard to have Storm Lake a player in the BBQ world, between contests, judging classes and a cooking class by 4legsupbbq.

Come on over to our side of the state for the competition. If you do, stop by and say hi.

Lakefest is KCBS this next year and expanding to 30 teams. Chad you ought to come
icon_smile.gif
. Fred and I were set up across the street from each other. Good times. Haven't heard the acts for the concert yet.

Fred, anymore info on the cooking class? Haven't got anything from Kelli yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad W:
Lakefest is KCBS this next year and expanding to 30 teams. Chad you ought to come
icon_smile.gif
. Fred and I were set up across the street from each other. Good times. Haven't heard the acts for the concert yet.

Fred, anymore info on the cooking class? Haven't got anything from Kelli yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brad, do you know if it will be in the same area? I hadnt heard about 30 teams yet.

I cant figure out how to send a PM if I even can. I was going to send you my phone number.

Anyways Shannon of Iowa wild Hogs,he was next to me at the Storm Lake contest, told me about the cooking and judging class when we ran into each other at Wally world so I sent Kelli an email and she responded asking my opinion if we should have one. I thought that was cool her asking my opinion. So the next time I was in town I stopped by and asked if she had made a decision which she said she had.

Here is the link if I do this right, if I dont go to 4 legs up bbq website then under classes and then under BBQ101 for better info, my link will be the sign up form
http://www.4legsupbbq.com/BBQ%...2%20Registration.pdf

Thanks for the link Fred. It worked. Nice to see 4 Legs doing it, they're pretty good, used to live an hour from them.

If you want to exchange #'s, call Genesis Development where I work.

The 30 teams was from the newspaper article and it will be at the campgrounds again.

And I will have a couple of homebrew kegs there next year.

Back