Cranberry-Pineapple Relish with a Kick, to go with that smoked turkey

Keri C

TVWBB Wizard
If you're going to work hard on that smoked turkey, don't dump cranberry sauce out of a can to put on the table next to it. It's too easy to make, and MUCH better when you make it yourself. This one has pineapple in it, which is a tasty touch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cranberry-Pineapple Relish with a Kick

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup cranberries -- fresh or frozen
2 cups fresh pineapple -- diced
1 jalapeno pepper -- seeded, diced (1 to 2)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves -- chopped
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

In processor, pulse berries to finely chop. Mix with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate 1/2 hour or up to 4 hours.

Yield:
"2 1/2 cups"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 23 Calories; trace Fat (5.6% calories from fat); trace Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 27mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Makes 10 1/4-cup servings at 23 calories each (which works out to 0.25 Weight Watchers' points per 1/4 cup serving.)

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Thanks Keri - looks good and I can't wait to try it.

I have been using the canned stuff - usually cut off both ends of the can then push out the jelly and slice into 1/4 inches slices - then I use small cookie cutters to cut out leaves, pumpkins, etc and I use these as decorations on the edges of the plate. Always get "wow" comments from the guests (I use Xmas cut outs at Xmas time).

Thanks again,

Ray

Back