pepperoni cheese sticks

G Rose

TVWBB Member
Hi I was hoping someone may be able to help me here. years ago i made theese they are like a cracker. from what I remember they had flour, butter, cheese, and pepperoni. the dough was made in a food processor and rolled out then twisted together I want to try these with some homemade chorizo I smoked. if anyone has a similar recipe I would be very grateful thanks
Glon

Glon--Are you speaking of a mix that is fashined into a log, wrapped in plastic, excess plastic on the ends twisted to help tighten the log, chilled well, then the log sliced somewhat thinly into 'coins', these then baked into crackers?

thanks everyone I finaly found the recipe I was looking for. kevin it is a little differant. you roll the two doughs into thin logs then place next to eachother and roll out so you have a rectangle that is striped then refrigerate and slice into sticks and bake. thanks again for your quick responses.
Glon

okay

2 cup ap flour
1 # shredded sharp cheddar
1 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter cold cut into small pieces
5-6 Tbsp ice water
2.5 ounce sliced pepperoni ( I used 3 ounces smoked mexican chorizo without casing)

in food processor blend flour, salt, cheese, and butter till resembles meal. while proceesor is running add water. process just till dough forms. remove dough from processor and halve

grind pepperoni in food processor then add half dough and blend just till evenly dispersed. cut pepperoni dough in half then each half into thirds. Roll each third into 8 inch logs repeat with cheese dough.

on a piece of wax paper line up three cheese and three pepperoni logs in stripes. push together and roll out into a rectangle about an eighth of an inch tick. repeat with remaining dough. refridgerate rolled out dough for an hour or more. cut across the stripes into half inch wide strips bake at 400 on greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

rhese are definately better warm but not bad at room temp iether

Back