Weber Dilema! (too MANY! if thats possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Burch

TVWBB Fan
Here is the deal. I just found a old style Platinum in really nice shape for a good price and I WANT IT! I've loved those grills for as long as I've been a Weber fan.

Thing is, I currently have 8 other Webers, three of which are 22.5 Kettles (a OTG, Two silvers one is a OT other is an older 3 separate vent model), Then I have a Baby Q, a Go Anywhere gas, a Red SJP, and of course the WSM. I also have a Genesis Silver C gasser.

I pretty much need to get rid of one of the 22.5 kettle models. Should I sell the OTG since it's worth the most? Should I give away a Silver since it's not worth much and keep the gold for when I have to cook for more then will fit on the new performer alone? Sell the big gasser and go all charcoal for large grills (don't think the wife would go for that)

If I give away the silver..... do I keep the one touch, or the older three vent model so my stoker will attach?

You can easily get another 22" SILVER, 3 vent model is harder to find.

Give away the OTS. You might see if anyone here wants it.
icon_smile.gif

I'm picking up the Performer tomorrow morning.

I have a friend that was telling me how he was going to buy a charcoal grill soon and I told him "don't buy one.... I'll GIVE you one". He was real happy as he has planned on getting a Weber 22.5 Silver one touch anyways.

I'm sure he will turn into another Weber-a-holic too! Maybe I can even get him to join the site and get a WSM I'm NOT giving him that!!!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Burch:
Here is the deal. I just found a old style Platinum in really nice shape for a good price and I WANT IT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just a little confused, are you looking at a "Platinum" or a "Performer"?

Either way dump the OT silver
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Pearson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Burch:
Here is the deal. I just found a old style Platinum in really nice shape for a good price and I WANT IT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just a little confused, are you looking at a "Platinum" or a "Performer"?

Either way dump the OT silver
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOPS! I'm picking up a PERFORMER (old style with the stainless top and 5 LB bottle gas ignition.

Don't know why I said PLATINUM in the original post.

QUOTE]

OOPS! I'm picking up a PERFORMER (old style with the stainless top and 5 LB bottle gas ignition.

Don't know why I said PLATINUM in the original post.[/QUOTE]

Because the Platinum is the most desirable
icon_cool.gif

Here is the deal. I just found a old style Platinum in really nice shape for a good price and I WANT IT! I've loved those grills for as long as I've been a Weber fan.

Thing is, I currently have 8 other Webers, three of which are 22.5 Kettles (a OTG, Two silvers one is a OT other is an older 3 separate vent model), Then I have a Baby Q, a Go Anywhere gas, a Red SJP, and of course the WSM. I also have a Genesis Silver C gasser.

I pretty much need to get rid of one of the 22.5 kettle models. Should I sell the OTG since it's worth the most? Should I give away a Silver since it's not worth much and keep the gold for when I have to cook for more then will fit on the new performer alone? Sell the big gasser and go all charcoal for large grills (don't think the wife would go for that)

If I give away the silver..... do I keep the one touch, or the older three vent model so my stoker will attach? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just 8? That's nothing. Here's an old picture of what is now about half of my Weber collection. (Click on it for a bigger picture).

I've since added a red Master-Touch, a red Bar-B-Kettle, a Simpsons Smokey Joe, a Simpsons OTG, a black Bar-B-Kettle, and a black OTG. I'm still looking for a blue kettle grill, but to make room for it I may have to get rid of my wife.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:

I've since added a red Master-Touch, a red Bar-B-Kettle, a Simpsons Smokey Joe, a Simpsons OTG, a black Bar-B-Kettle, and a black OTG. I'm still looking for a blue kettle grill, but to make room for it I may have to get rid of my wife.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok... Lets get an updated picture! I need it to help prove to my wife my WSM, Genesis 1000, and 2 OTS grills are not obsessive!
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back