E732 screws

Ok so i opened my new E732 thermometer early so i could use it on my turkey tomorrow. So i'm putting the batteries in the remote and my son comes along and hits the back off the couch and into the pillows of the couch. The 2 little screws went into an area of the couch that i can not get unless i cut the bottom off.

Does anyone know what size i need to go out and buy to replace the 2 screws?

Take it to Radio Shack. You should be able to find something there that will fit. Good Luck.

Mike, those screws are highly magnetic (I took mine apart to try for you).

Go to Princess Auto (or any auto parts supplier as we don't know where you live) and pick up a telescoping magnet, like this one

2970154.jpg

http://www.princessauto.com/pa...coping-Pickup-Magnet

and start fishing for it. Pull it out of the couch every once in a while to see if you caught "a live one".

Biggest problem with fastenal is:

I needed two bolts for one of my models. I had to buy a box (100) of them.

I went elsewhere.

I FOUND 1!. I bought the magnet and after trying for like 10 minutes searching the couch i put the magnet under the couch and moved it all around and it found one under the couch. Not sure how it got there. Maybe i pushed it through a seam. Still looking for the last one but just having one gives me what i need for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike_L (Big Mike):
I FOUND 1!. I bought the magnet and after trying for like 10 minutes searching the couch i put the magnet under the couch and moved it all around and it found one under the couch. Not sure how it got there. Maybe i pushed it through a seam. Still looking for the last one but just having one gives me what i need for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thumbsup.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael G. (Canada Mike):
When I saw your subject line I was going to complain. All my ET 732 does is tell the temperature...
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL i had to go back and read the subject. Nicely done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike_L (Big Mike):
Maverick support help just wrote me back. They are going to send me 2 new screws
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just stopped in to look at this post. That was going to be my advice. In fact I just call them direct when I need something. Great support line and you talk to someone live at their site in NJ.

I just called them this week to replace the clip on the transmitter of the ET750 rotisserie controller. No charge.

I've also used them to buy the optional heavy duty longer length probes for my ET732 a few years ago. They are very nice and worth considering BTW. $20. Not sold with the original unit to keep the retail price point down.

Back