Any ideas?

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
For Fathers Day my step father wants a grilling pan for the 22.5 Weber. It was my Moms idea and she really isn't sure what kind of pan and doesn't want to ruin the surprise by asking him. She just said a teflon coated one. I think teflon will burn off at high heat. Does Anyone know anything about teflon grilling pans? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

there are more options out there. maybe get a covered one. but do get stainless. i went the cheap route and they all fell apart quickly.

Thanks Travis and George, I like those Weber ones and I agree with you George stainless is the way to go. Now I need to get one by Saturday. I am visiting that day because they live a little ways away. I am thinking BBQ's Galore or OSH. Maybe even HD or better yet Lowes. What have you guys seen out there?

A good seasoned cast iron pan is better IMO than any non stick pan for anything grilling or kitchen ! Key here is properly seasoned . I have some here that you can fry a egg in and not put a thing in the pan with the egg and it won't stick . But there close to 75 yrs old maybe older were my moms and gran mothers .

heres even small CI grill vegie holder things out there . I made one from a skilet big one ! I drilled holes in it for grilling it works great and CI a last 3 or 4 lifetimes again IMHO

A few good bacon and sausage frys in it after seasoning it with lard or crisco prefer lard and you got a non stick pan for life again IMO .

Just bought 2 nice bean pots CI at an estae sale for 10 bucks with lids as you can tell Iam a big CI fan to say the least
icon_smile.gif

Iam sure what ever you decided it was just fine and he loves it .

By the way for those that don't know older good CI is NOT cheap now days .

Thou I did get a thing off QVC the other day fairly cheap and it was really nice for the $$ spent above average for todays ci market .

Back