Its Pizza Time

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Santa brought me a new toy for Christmas. Finally got to do a test run today.
IMG_1501.jpg

My first time was, well, a test run.

The dough ball
IMG_2878.jpg

Pretty hot. That last mark is 550 degrees F.
IMG_2877.jpg

Sorry no grill shots. The first one was pepperoni and mushrooms.
IMG_2215.jpg

Second one was Canadian bacon and mushroom.
IMG_2392.jpg

I'm gonna need some more practice. Crust got done way before the toppings did. I had to take them off too soon. It was a cold windy day here so I used more charcoal than what the instructions said too. I was planning to place the stone up on firebricks too to raise it some but forgot to do that. Next time I think I'll use less fuel and raise the stone and see how that works.

There have been lots of great looking cooks being posted lately! Unfortunately I haven't been able to comment on them all but I have been looking at them.

Thanks everyone!

Looking mighty tasty from here.. That back bacon and mushroom looks especially nice.. I think I will have 2 please
icon_biggrin.gif

Good looking test run! A few firebricks should cure the uneven cooking. Plus it's a good reason to try again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Crust got done way before the toppings did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I was planning to place the stone up on firebricks too to raise it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That should fix your problem. I had the same issue a couple of years ago.

Paul

Back