What food saver model to buy?

Regina S

TVWBB Pro
I have done alot of research and there are alot of pros and cons on different models. I searched TVWBB and some of the models are out dated or no longer available I don't need the canister attachment. So which one would you guys/gals suggest? I trust your opinions. I went to the yahoo groups foodsaver site, however they don't clearly define what is the best one. I want to purchase one now.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

The best FoodSaver is the one that meets your needs. Which two or three models have you narrowed your choice down to?

Thanks Russell. I thought the V2244 looks good. I don't need all the canning attachments or marinating etc. There are a lot of good and bad reviews on a number of sites for this particular model, and the other models as well. I was just wondering what the folks here recommended as I value their opinion. It just seems to hard to choose one that is durable.

From what I've read on vacuum sealers there is such a polar opposite of opinions. Seems either they work great or they are terrible and break.

I bought a cheap one with zero options. I have no canister, or marinade dealy. All I have is a food saver brand unit that was I think around 40 bucks. All it does is take the air out of bags but does it well. I got a nicer one for xmas years ago and never once used the canister and stuff and used it until the heating element burned up.
The cheap one takes up less room and has less things to break. But that is me. I just need it to freeze leftover Q!
Dean

Exactly my point Paul. I know this item has been discussed so many times. I have read all of the posts. However no one ever mentioned what model they had or liked the best.
Dean...that is what I want, just to freeze leftover BBQ, not all the bells and whistles.Thanks for your opinions guys, I appreciate the time you took to write a post.

We bought the same one and it's been about a month now And I love it. My wife now calls me compulsive but I don't care. I vacuum seal everything and she knows it. Honestly just the thought of left overs have cut my food bill nearly in half. A plus is the pretty cool noises it makes when sealing.

Thanks Mike and EJ! They have that model at my local Costco, I am going to check it out. I appreciate your opinion.

we bought this one when it was on sale a few months ago and have been very pleased so far.

http://www.foodsaver.com/product.aspx?pid=8680

They included a few quart sized bags, which turned out to not hold very much, so my younger daughter and I wanted to see if the FoodSaver would crush an empty Coke can.

It did.
icon_biggrin.gif

Like others said, I use mine for leftover 'Que and also for buying things in bulk and freezing in meal sized portions, like chicken quarters, pork chops, etc. So far, it works like a charm.

Back