New Weber cookbook due April, 2010

YoBob, When you pre-order, pre-order one for me also
icon_wink.gif
Thanks pal!

Seriously, thanks for the heads up, <STRIKE>gonna look for this now.</STRIKE> Just pre-ordered my copy using the TVWB site link... and I didn't feel a thing
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the links Chris!

When I paste them I never see TVWB in the link, even though I only go to Amazon via this site, so I'm never sure if it's correct.

If the sides are different, should be worth picking up both. Always like getting new books and ideas.

Recieved this exerpt from Amazon today re: my book order:

The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

Jamie Purviance "Weber's On the Grill: Steak & Sides: Over 100 Fresh, Great Tasting Recipes"

Previous estimated arrival date: April 19 2010 - April 23 2010
New estimated arrival date: March 29 2010 - April 02 2010

Thanks for the heads up Bill!

Amazon is now showing it "in stock" but says it may require a day or two extra before shipping.

Bill, I received an email also today...
"We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on February 20 2010. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:previous estimated arrival date: April 09 2010 - April 13 2010
New estimated arrival date: March 23 2010 - March 25 2010"...
so, looks like I'll be cooking up new things before you
icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Jim, maybe not. Mine shipped today and it's in Kentucky
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, this is what my tracking shows:
Tracking Information:
Ship Carrier: USPS
Tracking ID: 9102901001299116495599
Latest Event: Campbellsville KY
Your package is currently in transit. You will not see any tracking updates for the next 3 days. - Mar 16, 2010 9:10:02 PM
I sure hope they don't mixem up and I get yours and you gets mine
icon_biggrin.gif

Got mine 'bout 15 minutes ago, Jim.
icon_biggrin.gif

It's mostly about steaks with a smaller section on sides, then rubs, marinades, sauces and grilling guides for steaks and veggies. Looks pretty good after just breezing through.

mine was in today's post also...
does yours have a thick dried glue stripe on the back cover?
icon_mad.gif

Nice photos in it tho'
I'll put it to use next Friday or Saturday...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
does yours have a thick dried glue stripe on the back cover?
icon_mad.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope! I had the postman switch 'em.
icon_razz.gif

That might be worth a phone call or email..

I'm gonna go thru mine more throughly in a bit and decide on something for tomorrow .. Can't wait 'till next weekend.
icon_wink.gif

(you're right about the pics!)

Page 24.
I picked up a coupla real nice bone-in ribeyes that'll be perfect for this recipe.
Problem is: I don't have a hat to wear while grillin' em
icon_wink.gif

gotta look for some sweet corn for the side. no wisconsin sweet corn til august
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">no wisconsin sweet corn til august </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
carve a chunk of cheese into the shape of an ear of corn, I know you have cheese
icon_smile.gif

...and what will that carved up hunka cheese taste like Bob??!! Huh?
Cheese. It'll taste like CHEESE Bob.
I want corn, Bob!
icon_biggrin.gif

I got my book yesterday and just took a look at it. Will give something a try very soon.

Mine came with no "thick dried glue stripe on the back cover"
icon_biggrin.gif

Back