Go-Anywhere Gas blow-out

Terry Hlavaty

TVWBB Member
First time poster here, thanks for all the advice I've gleaned from this BB. Anyway, I've become increasingly more and more frustrated with my gas Go-Anywhere blowing out while trying to cook with it. Made no difference if I was using 1# bottles, or a 20# tank with a hose. Yesterday, with another cook-out on the horizon, I decided to spend some time with it in my garage, and using my air hose, tried to find the "weak link". Low and behold, the issue seems to be the porthole area next to the regulator. Any kind of self-generated breeze in that vicinity led to a blow-out. At first, I took a hose clamp that has the slotted openings all around the clamp, and placed it around the burner tube. Probably reduced the blow-outs by half. Next, I made a "wind screen", out of 3/4" copper tubing, and created a wind block that is open on the bottom for air flow, yet will not let a breeze blow straight thru. A HUGE improvement! Took the G-A back outside, hooked it up the 20# tank, started it and set it as low as it would go, and ran it for an hour, with no blow-out. I can't remember it ever lasting that long before.
I'm going to keep tinkering with this area, and see what other kind of wind-screens can be used, that will allow air flow in, but not enough to lead to a blow-out.
Just felt I had to share this with the group.

Terry,
I have the same issues with my Gas Go Anywhere. Do you have pictures of your 3/4" copper tubing mod? I am having a hard time picturing it in my mind.

Terry, any chance you can post them here? If not, please send them to the email address in my profile... and thanks!

Back