1st time on 22...my input

drewbalsman

First of all....this thing is freaking huge. i thought when I decided to go for the 22 oh what the hell might as well....but seriously, large amonts of meat can fit on this puppy.

I would also agree with what others have said in the fact that it holds a sh*t load of fuel.
Took a bit longer than Im used to in order to get up to a high temp of 325ish but once there steady as a rock for my 3-4 hrs for my first rib roast.
fit and finish are great....hardly any leaks. I did modify the vents so they would completly close and i think it helped completly seal off the air flow when deciding to kill the heat.

believe it or not my temp guage was right on the money....i know that goes against what others have been saying but I checked it against 2 others and checked out fine.

Rib roast turned out awesome if anyone is wondering....thats one of the simples and best higher heat recipies ive tried.

going to try a fully loaded low and slow cook in the next week or so....going to see if I can fit 8 butts on this thing at once. better invite some people over or get the vacuum seal out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drewbalsman:
First of all....this thing is freaking huge.

going to try a fully loaded low and slow cook in the next week or so....going to see if I can fit 8 butts on this thing at once. better invite some people over or get the vacuum seal out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is huge!
8 butts will fit no problem, as many here have put 8 on the 18" WSM. I'm thinking more like 10 or more on the Big Boy.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

yeah i would think if you mod this puppy and drop the water pan a bit you could easily add another grate and get you up to 12 butts at a time. Hey, if your going to fire it up might as well cook for a small army. or open that BBQ Shack we all think about in the back of our minds.

Back