buffalo Turkey breast

G.Siek

I smoke butterball 4 lb turkey breast that I use for lunch meat usually just roll them in black pepper I had a request to try to come up with a buffalo wing flavor. anyone ever inject one with a wing sauce and some finely crumbled blue cheese.. have four more thawed and looking to try this with one or two.

Dunno about the cheese, but I like the wing sauce idea. I've seen that at my grocery store and think they just glaze it on the outside.

no ideas???? no one has tried it? Cant find much even with google search. Probably because it doesnt turn out well. One post says it left a funny taste and he did not like it. Was trying to figure it out why that would be. Guys I talked to around here when thought best way would be a Marinade or baste. Guess Ill try it and see what happens. Gonna use a plain franks red hot wing sauce injected into a 3lb butterball turkey breast and roll outside in a mild dry rub. will post results

Now you have me wanting to buy a turkey beast and try this out. I think melting a stick of butter and adding 4 ounces of Frank's or Louisiana hot sauce to it would make a nice injection. I'd suggest multiple injections and coating the breast with the marinade that runs out of the injection sites and left in the bottom of the bowl and dry Ranch dressing mix. I'm looking forward to hearing how your bird turns out.

Back