Hot spot on Genesis Silver B??

Johnny P

TVWBB Member
Hi Folks, I am the proud owner of a Weber Genesis Silver B that is about 1.5 yrs old, well used and taken care of.

I'm wondering if it is normal for the middle flavourizer bar to turn bright red/orange from the heat? The other bars never do, just the middle one. Is it fair to assume the middle burner is putting out more heat than the other 2? My remedy has been to turn down the heat to about medium and leave the others on high. I've avoided grilling steaks in the middle of the grill since I'm uncertain how much heat they're getting. Is it normal for this grill to do that?

Thanks in advance, John

I've had that happen with other brand grill's but have not noticed it yet with my Genesis Silver B. You can probably call Weber customer service and they might have an answer for you.

I would call Weber CS. You could have a defective valve system which is allowing too much gas to enter the center burner. I'm on my second Genesis and never recall seeing a flavorizer bar turn red with heat ... ? But, maybe I just haven't noticed.

Paul

Thanks for the help guys, I will give Weber CS a call...If your grill was doing this, you would definately have noticed.

Well I finally got around to calling Weber CS and they are not really sure what the problem is but they are sending me a new center burner, it should be here in a couple of days I'll keep you guys posted.

My Silver B has hot spots (I suspect that they all do, to some extent), but you shouldn't have one flavorizer bar that it red hot when the others aren't. For the record, I can get all my flavorizer bars red hot if I preheat the grill (which I do for steaks regularly).

Back