Assembling the 18

Dan Moore

TVWBB Fan
I received my new 18.5 WSM on Thursday but was too busy to get around to opening the box until this morning. I wanted to make sure that the cooker was perfectly round and it is. I spread out the various parts and upon opening the box containing the legs and straps, I was most surprised to discover....no screws or fasteners!! I called Weber CS and a very nice lady apologized and put in an order to be sent out on Monday. She also looked at my account info and said, "You are certainly a big fan of Weber from the amount of equipment and accessories that you have ordered!' We had a very pleasant conversation about Weber, having to work on weekends and a couple of unrelated things. I wasn't angry when I called and after speaking with CS, I'm almost not sorry that the screws were missing.

Did you get the correct charcoal grate?

I hadn't even checked that before calling CS. I wish I had as the grate is the old model. This really isn't much of a problem as I plan to buy a second grate and lay it perpendicular over the old one. This was a mod that I read about on this forum and I use it on all of my Weber grills.

Back