lobster with passion fruit glaze

J Rector

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey everyone

I got this recipe out of a travel mag and tried it .This is a simple but good one.

1 2lb lobster split in half ,cleanout cavity .Season cavity with salt andpepper to taste.Marinade with olive oil.cook for 10min on grill med heat.

Passion fruit glaze
passion fruit juice(4 large fruits)
1 tbls honey
1 tbls rum
1 tbls butter

Mix all ingredients and boil for 1 minute put fruit glaze on lobster and grill another 3 min .

Enjoy
Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Rector:
Season cavity with salt andpepper to taste. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Why? Are you going to eat the cavity? Why is it still attached, if there is no stuffing in it? I must be missing the obvious.

I think "cleanout cavity" just means to remove anything you don't want to eat after cutting the lobster in half lengthwise. You're seasoning the meat left inside.

From Lobsters With Laura:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Along the center of the lobster are three kinds of viscera, the dark green are the stomach and intestine that should be scraped out and discarded, and the yellow-green and coral are the liver, or tomalley, and the roe, which are both delicious and can be left in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regards,
Chris

Back