New Jersey > Scotch Plains/Somerset: Stage House Tavern

Bob Miller

TVWBB Member
This place isn't a true BBQ joint but during the summer (Memorial-labor day) they offer an unbeatable deal. Free BBQ nightly 4-10PM. It's an all you can eat family style BBQ platter with Brisket, Sausage hot and sweet, chicken, pork ribs and shoulder. It's all smoked outside on a combo offset/vertical smoker and is pretty darn tasty. Sometimes its a bit on the dry side but you can't beat the price. The catch is you pay what you think its worth but they give you that back in a gift certificate for the restaurant. So you pay $25 for the BBQ and get a $25 gift certificate back so it's a pretty solid deal. Sides and drinks are extra -of course- But on Wed its $3 pint night so you can have a good time for a little bit of money.

Be prepared to wait it's always packed and they only offer it outside on the patio.

http://www.stagehouserestaurant.com/

Wow Bob what a deal!!! If I was back in Jersey I would definitely go there. Their regular menu looks great also.

Bob
I have to try this out this summer. I drove by there a couple months ago. Didnt this use to be O'Connors. The one in Somerset that is. Its a nice ride out that way and will try this out.

(again, apologies for opening an old thread)
This was an amazing deal, and a great asset to the community. Unfortunately the local Environmental Protection agency (I suspect due to NIMBY complaints) shut down the summer BBQs last year. They claimed this was due to lack of 'smoke handling' or something like that--essentially the smoker threw off smoke exceeding some threshold. So the business will have to get some filtration system of some sort before they can re-launch.

I am hoping they do :(

Back