Cheesy Jalapeno Sausage

Doug KC

TVWBB Fan
I don't have a sausage maker so I just plan on buying some uncooked sausages links, open the casings and make some loafs. I'd like to do a sausage with some jalapenos, cheese, maybe some cilantro. Does anyone have a recipe that might be a little different (that's what i'm looking for)? If not I'll probably just throw the kitchen sink in.
icon_wink.gif

Here's one that looks good, but I haven't tried it yet - Adapt it to your situation-buy ground pork rather than sausage, all the ingredients below will turn it into sausage. If you're looking for links rather than patties, you can roll handfuls in saran wrap to the link shape, put 'em in the fridge to set up a bit, then throw them on the grill or cooking device of choice (removing them from the saran wrap, of course
icon_wink.gif
).

Bigwheels's Prize Wininng Cheesey Jap Sausage Version 2
(With some help from Papa Robert and DRPacker)

18 lbs. boneless pork butt
2 lbs fresh japs seeded and blanched
1 lb Kraft super hi-melt Old English Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh garlic from the jar
3 T. granulated garlic
7 T. Tender Quick ( 2 ½ T. if not cold smoking. Add more salt to substitute. )
3 T. black pepper
4 T. white pepper
3 T. cayenne pepper
2 T. brown sugar
3 ground bay leaves (grind with the black pepper)
3 T. parsley
6 T. hungarian paprika
1 T. basil leaves
2 T. dried parsley
1 T. hab powder
7 oz beer (Michelobe Ultra belonging to the warden)
12 oz sprite
12 oz water

Run japs and cheese through coarse plate and set aside. Mix all other ingredients with the the liquids and refrigerate while you cut the meat to fit the grinder. Dump spiced liquid over the meat mix well and grind on the fine plate. Add japs and cheeese to the meat and mix well..and mix some more. Stuff into med hog guts.

Back