Looking for Rotisserie Chicken recipie

Steve Burch

TVWBB Fan
I searched in poultry and this forum and only came up with ONE recipie.

Anyone care to share a good one? The chicken will be cooked on a Genesis C gasser with rotisserie I just picked up.

I picked up this combo CHEAP. If I find I really like the rotisserie stuff, I think I'll get one for the Charcoal grills since I prefer cooking on charcoal anyways!

Since rotisserie cooking is just an approach to dry heat roasting, most any recipe--marinade, rub, brine--is or can be made suitable for the rotis. I frequently rotis marinated chicken (for frango piri-piri or in mojo or with something yogurt-based), or simply rub then rotis, or flavor-brine, rub then rotis.

What are you looking for?

My favorite is a simple olive oil rub then sprinkle with herbs de provence. I like it slow, but the skin may not be to your liking under a low temp.

I'm not looking for anything in particular. I personally like hot/spicy/flavorful. My wife likes simple and not over powering flavors usually.

I'd like something that would crisp the skin if possible as I like to eat it if it's crispy!

I'm open to suggestions.

When my wife marinades something, it's usually just Italian dressing. I'd like something different I guess.

THANKS!

Steve, I start off the night before and rub 1 tbls of kosher salt per 3-5 lbs of chicken. Distribute the salt evenly, adding a little more on the breast since it's pretty thick. Rub the salt under the skin.

About an hour before you're going to throw it on the rotis, take the bird out and rinse it with cold water to remove the excess moisture. Dry with paper towels. I like to butter the entire chicken inside and out. Sprinkle the chicken with some lemon zest, dried thyme, black pepper, white pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. I like to add a half onion, half a lemon and fresh thyme (optional) inside the cavity and tie the legs together. DOn't forget to tuck the wing tips.

I cook the chicken at 425 degree until the breast reaches about 160 degrees and the thigh registers about 170. It takes anywhere between an hour to an hour and a half.

Erik

For rotiss I prefer to either use a mojo marinade, a jerk paste, or homemade lemon pepper rub. All are really fast and easy to do. If you want any of the above recipes just let me know.

If you would like a plain chicken with crispy skin (my wife likes it this way and it sounds like yours does as well). I just brine the chicken, let it air dry in the fridge coat with olive oil and rub with sea salt and cracked black pepper. I grill it over medium heat, anywhere from 350 to 375 degrees.

Clark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark Deutscher:
For rotiss I prefer to either use a mojo marinade, a jerk paste, or homemade lemon pepper rub. All are really fast and easy to do. If you want any of the above recipes just let me know.

If you would like a plain chicken with crispy skin (my wife likes it this way and it sounds like yours does as well). I just brine the chicken, let it air dry in the fridge coat with olive oil and rub with sea salt and cracked black pepper. I grill it over medium heat, anywhere from 350 to 375 degrees.

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clark, I'd sure like to try them, if you don't mind posting the recipes!

Eric, Thanks for that suggestion too. I'll have to try it sometime!

Hi Steve, sorry for the delay but here goes....

MOJO:

- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- 12 garlic cloves (you can lower this but I like my garlic)(diced)
- an oniion chopped up
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/4 C Lime Juice
- Handful fresh cilantro
- one chili pepper (just pick one for the heat you like, for me I go wih jalapeno or chipoltle)
- Salt, Pepper, Cumin splash of all

- Sweat, garlic, onion, and jalapeno till tender (don't burn or fry up)
- Add remaining ingredients bring to a boil, let cool and throw in a zip lock bag with the chicken overnight. Dab the chicken with paper towels and let air dry and away you go.

Jerk Paste:

- 2 onions
- 5 chiles (adjust for your heat and the type of chile, I use jalapeno's just because they're easier to find)
- inch and a half piece of fresh ginger (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 t allspice
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- splash of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T Lime juice
- 1 T Soya Sauce
- Olive Oil
- some people add thyme but I don't, if you want add about a t.

Sweat oniions, garlic, and pepers till tender. mix remaining dry ingredients in. Add olive oil if you would like a thinner paste or leave it out if it is as desired allready. Spread it over the chicken and under the skin without tearing.

Lemon Pepper

1 C black peppercorns (could also use some white in the mix)
8 lemons

Zest the lemons. Take the lemon zest and mash in a mortar and pestle with the pepercorns until desired consistency or relatively close. roast in the oven on low (200 or 250). take out and it you want them finer throw them in a coffee griner and your good to fly. Make lemonaid with the remaining lemons! Some people also add herbs or onions etc....so experimetn away as well!

Clark

Back