ABTs on the Q220?

PeteH

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone ever cooked ABTs on the Q220? If so, how do they turn out? I recently done them on the WSM for the first time and they were great. I thought they'd be great for a group outing where all we have to cook on is the Q. I just don't know if they would be as good. Any tips out there?

Thanks. Peter

I cook ABT's on the gasser all the time.
I have a 4 burner so I just light the two outside burners and place the ABT's in the middle and cook indirect.
I have a metal stand that I put them in that holds them upright.

Brad - what kind of stand do you have, and where did you get it? A stand sounds like it would help when not cooking on the smoker

Peter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PeteH:
Brad - what kind of stand do you have, and where did you get it? A stand sounds like it would help when not cooking on the smoker

Peter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I started out with one of these:these

Since then my buddy built one for me that holds 50. It looks the same on wider.

Might want to check eBay too.
I bought my 18 pepper holder and hand tool off eBay which is the very same one that Cabelas sells for $24 w/ shipping.
Its very heavy duty stainless steel.
I soak it in hot water and soap overnight after use and then stick it in the dishwasher and it comes out shining.

Back